RIIWHS202E – Enter and work in confined space & MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit are units required to work in confined spaces with a permit in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries. This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces involving permits. This course is nationally recognised.
- $350 per student
- Good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Photo ID
- Obtain a USI Unique Student Identifier
- Physically fit
What you need to bring with you
- Steelcap boots
- Hard hat
Duration of Course
- Course duration for training and assessment is 1 day
Training Location and format
- Both of these courses can be run at our facility in South Kempsey, or on-site at your premises. Get in touch today to find out if your workplace is eligible.
- Face to face delivery (we do not offer online courses)
- Training sessions will be carried out on site in a safe designated area for practical and in a classroom environment for theory.
1. Plan and prepare for working in a confined space.
2. Work in a confined space.
3. Exit confined space.
4. Apply for a permit.
5. Identify, prepare and work in accordance with an issued permit.
6. Complete permit to work.
7. exit confined space.
Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
Mid Coast Training is partnered with National Health & Safety College (RTO 41072) to deliver this nationally accredited course.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy
Allowances can be made for participants with language, literacy & numeracy issues.
You will complete a short literacy and numeracy assessment on enrolment and if we identify any learning difficulties the Trainer/Assessor will be notified prior to your attendance for the course. Depending on your learning difficulty, the Trainer can spend extra time assisting you and/or do a verbal assessment with you. Or we may discuss options with you and may refer you to other support services as outlined in the Candidate Support, Welfare and Guidance Section on page 11 of the Student Handbook.
- All participants must undertake an assessment after training
- Students that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment that is nationally recognised.
- The units you will attain are;
- RIIWHS202D – Enter and work in confined space
- MSMPER200 – Work in accordance with an issued permit
RPL recognises that people who already have the knowledge and skills required for competency in various elements of units of an accredited training package should not be required to re-learn what they already know. The process of RPL also takes into account that various competencies can be acquired through:
- previous qualification,
- work experience and
- Life experience
RPL requires that evidence of competency are demonstrated. Please contact the RTO if you feel you are eligible for this assessment pathway.
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation more than 7 days prior to commencement – 50% refund
- Cancellation within 7 days of commencement – No refund
- Course to be paid in full at or before commencement of the course.
- Courses held every month, please contact us for dates.
- We can run a course at times & dates that suit you if you have multiple participants to enrol. Contact us.