- HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid
This nationally recognised first aid training course covers a broad range of topics to enable participants to respond to first aid situations and manage patient care until an ambulance or other medical support arrives.
- $150 per student
- CPR only – $50 per student
- Good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Obtain a USI Unique Student Identifier
What you need to bring with you
- Appropriate clothing
Duration of Course
- Course duration for training and assessment is 1 day
Training Location and format
- 39a Lachlan Street, South Kempsey NSW 2440 contact us.
- Onsite training at your site if it meets the requirements. Get in touch today to find out if your workplace is eligible
- Face to face delivery (we do not offer online courses)
- All participants are required to go through an assessment to be issued with a statement of attainment. This unit of competency is nationally recognised.
- Recognising and responding to an emergency situation
- Identifying, assessing and minimising immediate hazards
- Assessing a casualty and the situation
- Obtaining casualty consent
- Comforting the casualty
- Providing first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Allergic reactions
- Basic wound care
- Severe bleeding
- Cardiac arrest
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Using pressure immobilisation
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Respiratory distress
- Operating first aid equipment
- Monitoring and responding to a casualty’s condition
- Communicating incident details to emergency services and workplace supervisors
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Assessing possible psychological impacts on self and others.
REGISTERED TRAINING ORGANISATION (RTO)
- Mid Coast Training is partnered with National Health & Safety College (RTO 41072) to deliver this nationally accredited course.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy
Allowances can be made for participants with language, literacy & numeracy issues.
You will complete a short literacy and numeracy assessment on enrolment and if we identify any learning difficulties the Trainer/Assessor will be notified prior to your attendance for the course. Depending on your learning difficulty, the Trainer can spend extra time assisting you and/or do a verbal assessment with you. Or we may discuss options with you and may refer you to other support services as outlined in the Candidate Support, Welfare and Guidance Section on page 11 of the Student Handbook.
RPL recognises that people who already have the knowledge and skills required for competency in various elements of units of an accredited training package should not be required to re-learn what they already know. The process of RPL also takes into account that various competencies can be acquired through:
- Previous qualification,
- Work experience and
- Life experience
RPL requires that evidence of competency are demonstrated. Please contact the RTO if you feel you are eligible for this assessment pathway.
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation more than 7 days prior to commencement – 50% refund
- Cancellation within 7 days of commencement – No refund
- Course to be paid in full at or before commencement of the course.
- Courses held every month, please contact us for dates.
- We can run a course at times & dates that suit you if you have multiple participants to enrol. Contact us.