RIIHAN309F Conduct Telescopic Materials Handler Operations covers conducting telescopic materials handler operations in the construction industry. This course is appropriate for those working in a operational role, at worksites within civil construction, coal mining, drilling, extractive industries, metalliferous mining looking to operate the tele-handler.
- Training and assessment – $650 per student (3 day course)
- Assessment only – $350 (extensive experience is required, please contact us to check eligibility and get a separate quote)
- Good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Photo ID
- Obtain a USI Unique Student Identifier
What you need to bring with you
- Steelcap boots
- Hard hat
Duration of Course
- Course duration for training and assessment is 3 days
- Assessment only 1 day
Training Location and format
- This course is conducted externally at the client’s construction site or premises
- Get in touch today to find out if your workplace is eligible
- Face to face delivery (we do not offer online courses)
- All participants must undergo an assessment after training
- Students that successfully complete the assessment will be issued with a statement of attainment. This unit of competency is nationally recognized
- Training sessions will be carried out on site and in a classroom environment for theory and in a safe designated area on site for practical.
1.Plan & prepare for skid steer loader operations
2.Operate skid steer loader in line with established requirements
3.Load carry and place materials
4.Select, remove, fit and use attachments
5.Prepare to relocate the skid steer loader
6.Conduct housekeeping activities
Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
- Mid Coast Training is partnered with National Health & Safety College (RTO 41072) to deliver this nationally accredited course.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy
Allowances can be made for participants with language, literacy & numeracy issues. If you experience any learning difficulties, please make us aware at the time of your booking & the Trainer will be notified prior to your attendance for the course. Depending on your learning difficulty, the Trainer can spend extra time assisting you and/or do a verbal assessment with you. Or we may discuss options with you and may refer you to other support services as outlined in the candidate Support, Welfare and Guidance Section on page 11 of the Student Handbook.
- All participants that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment. This unit of competency is nationally recognized.
RPL recognises that people who already have the knowledge and skills required for competency in various elements of units of an accredited training package should not be required to re-learn what they already know. The process of RPL also takes into account that various competencies can be acquired through:
- Previous qualification,
- Work experience and
- Life experience
- Video evidence
RPL requires that evidence of competency are demonstrated. Please contact the RTO if you feel you are eligible for this assessment pathway.
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation more than 7 days prior to commencement – 50% refund
- Cancellation within 7 days of commencement – No refund
- Course to be paid in full at or before commencement of the course.