RIIWHS204D – Work safely at height is a nationally recognized course that covers theoretical and practical aspects of working at height. During the course, we will assist you to develop safe work method statements and risk assessments for working at height. All workers who conduct or supervise tasks whilst at height will find this course beneficial to workplace safety. This course will enable you to comply with current WHS legislation with successful trainees receiving a nationally recognized Statement of Attainment.
- $350 per student
- Good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Photo ID
- Obtain a USI Unique Student Identifier
- Physically fit
What you need to bring with you
- Steelcap boots
- Hard hat
Duration of Course
- Course duration for training and assessment is 1 day
Training Location and format
- This One-Day Safety Short Course can be at our facility in South Kempsey, or on-site at your premises. Get in touch today to find out if your workplace is eligible.
- Face to face delivery (we do not offer online courses)
- All participants must undergo an assessment after training
- All participants that successfully complete the assessment will be issued with a statement of attainment. This unit of competency is nationally recognised.
- Training sessions will be carried out on site and in a classroom environment for the theory, and a safe, designated area on site for the practical
1. Identify work requirements.
2. Identify work instructions and procedures.
3. Access and install equipment.
4. Perform work at heights
5. Clean up the work area.
Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
Mid Coast Training is partnered with National Health & Safety College (RTO 41072) to deliver this nationally accredited course.
Language, Literacy & Numeracy
Allowances can be made for participants with language, literacy & numeracy issues.
You will complete a short literacy and numeracy assessment on enrollment and if we identify any learning difficulties the Trainer/Assessor will be notified prior to your attendance for the course. Depending on your learning difficulty, the Trainer can spend extra time assisting you and/or do a verbal assessment with you. Or we may discuss options with you and may refer you to other support services as outlined in the candidate Support, Welfare and Guidance Section on page 11 of the Student Handbook.
RPL recognises that people who already have the knowledge and skills required for competency in various elements of units of an accredited training package should not be required to re-learn what they already know. The process of RPL also takes into account that various competencies can be acquired through:
- Previous qualification,
- Work experience and
- Life experience.
RPL requires that evidence of competency are demonstrated. Please contact the RTO if you feel you are eligible for this assessment pathway.
Terms and conditions
- $100 deposit on confirmation of booking per enrolment
- Cancellation more than 7 days prior to commencement – 50% refund
- Cancellation within 7 days of commencement – 20% refund
- Course to be paid in full at or before commencement of the course.
- Courses held every month, please contact us for dates.
- We can run a course at times & dates that suit you if you have multiple participants to enrol. Contact us